I am Jen...

I am Jen...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I think I shared that I recently (within the past two months) got a cell phone for the first time in 4 YEARS!  Yes, that is right, I said 4 YEARS--we were WITHOUT a cell phone, track phone or any other type of mobile device AND we survived!  I think I heard you gasp.

I like the security of having a phone with me in the car when I am out and about driving with the kids.  You never know when you might need to call someone about something...I enjoy being able to call from the store to see if we need more than just a gallon of milk.  I also LOVE being able to capture cute pictures of my kids and interesting things that I see WITHOUT having to cart my digital camera around.  Plus, if there is an emergency or I am delayed by something unexpected, I can pull over and call 911 or my family.  It is nice.

That said, it is taking FOREVER to get up and running!  I feel like such a novice--I think that is my kind word for "CLUELESS!"

For instance, I STILL have not figured out how to load apps on my phone.  Like GPS, FB or Meetup...


What are YOUR favorite apps that you CAN'T live without?  I would LOVE to hear about them and learn how to better use this device--so tell me what you did to best set up and utilize your "smart" phone.  


A friend of mine suggested I have my niece or nephew help me--they are in their teens and LIVE and BREATHE with their cell phone and its applications.  I thought that was a really good idea.  They could also probably set up some AWESOME yoga playlists for me, too.


Here is a link to one application I would like to load soon!  I LOVE supporting local businesses and think this movement is wonderful:


http://www.the350project.net/look_local_home.html


I guess, all in all, I am OK with not knowing about this stuff.  It forces me to ask for help--another thing I am working on--allowing others to assist me--to appreciate the skills and talents in other people around me and being open to RECEIVE their expertise and generous offer of insight and support.  So, I'll just reiterate: I welcome any helpful ideas and suggestions you have!  


I hope you are also stretching and reaching out to things that make you feel uncomfortable--those things that are just out of your reach and make you squirm a little with wonder and fear.  It gets back to what we talk about in yoga class--finding your "edge."  That place where you feel the intensity of living and breathing fully in the moment--it is uncomfortable and unnerving, but it isn't painful or overwhelming.  


In fact, when you find that edge and take time to explore it, you may feel EXHILARATION!  Savor that and all the other blessings in your life.  


Namaste.   


No comments:

Post a Comment