I am Jen...

I am Jen...

Monday, May 7, 2012

Real conversations...

Our youngest (he just turned three and is ALL BOY) had HORRIBLE gas yesterday.

Every five minutes he would say, "Me tooted...and again, and again me tooted.  Escue me, escue me, escue me, Mama!"

Sometimes, he would try to sneak it out and wouldn't say anything, but then our daughter would dramatically say, "Did you toot AGAIN?!  I am going to DIE, Mama!  Make him go on a time out."  This caused him to be outraged and say to her, "Me not go on a timeout.  Me not naughty...me just TOOTING!  EBREEONE, TOOTS!"  So then she said, "But not like THAT.  I can't breathe!  I'm not going to play with you anymore."  Disappointed by this threat and a little nervous, he said, "Me sorry."  So we had to have a conversation about how it is OK to toot, but it is more polite to do it in the bathroom.

I went and got some air freshener to lighten the air and they went off  to play again until the fragrance wasn't there anymore, but another not-so-pleasant smell was...

and so it continued throughout the day...

The day before the tooting conversation, when we took a drive to Sendik's to get veggies for juicing, my husband ran in and I waited in the car with the kids (if you have three or more kids, you will probably understand why we do this--it IS to save our sanity).  While we were waiting for "Dada" to get back, our youngest (Little Shrek) saw someone coming--a man who had parked next to us--and he wanted me to roll the window down so he could talk to him.

Our eldest said to him, "He's a stranger!"  Our daughter (Miss A.) chimed in, "You don't just start talking to someone you don't know.  You're a stranger to him."  Little Shrek was indignant, "Me not a stranger.  I'm Little Shrek.  Der's Mama and Dada's in da store."  Miss A. repeated impatiently, "YOU are a STRANGER to HIM!  Weren't you listening to anything I said to you?"  Little Shrek thought about it for a moment and then said, "But, if Mama rolls down da window and me say 'Hi, I'm Little Shrek' to him, den he's not a stranger anymore.  So, Mama...can you roll down da window?"

I couldn't possibly make these conversations up.






No comments:

Post a Comment